Posted to alt.home.repair
J Huntley Palmer

Default Room Darkening Window Film for Homes

I wanted to get some room darkening film for my bedroom window since the
sun here comes up at 4am and wakes me up. I went to Lowes and found many
different types. There are ones that that are a silver/platinum that
will add privacy and also ones that are bronze that will keep the summer
sun/heat out and the winter heat in and so forth.. but none that combine
the features.

I would like something that will cut down on the 4am sun to keep me
sleeping and also have the benefits for heat retention(winter)/and
control(summer). I tried window shades but the sunlight comes right
through the sides.

I would also like a quality product that is durable, easy to put on/take
off and reuse when needed again.

Anything that auto-darkens when there is excessive light and then
lightens when there is less light like many sun glasses that people wear?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!