Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Ideas for cheap bar height table and stools?

wrote:
I'm looking for a CHEAP out of box way to make some
standing bar height table and stools

Table needs to be at least 36" tall and taller is
better.... say 40"

I could use fiber barrels I supposes. Spray paint them
white. see link

http://tinyurl.com/oeb65

Any other ideas tho?

I used one of those, with a round of plywood and a home made tablecloth
when ... that was back when I was young. Used for storage and table
space. The "all fiber" drums are tres chic )

Concrete blocks and a prefinished shelf from the box store?
Two unfinished bookcases, facing each other at ends, shelf fastened for top?
Laminate a bunch of corrugated cardboard, cut to size and braced with
one by. Put on clear finish.
Cruise wealthy neighborhood evening before trash day.
Dumpster dive at furniture or kitchen fabricating shops.
Masonry supply foam trims, put on stucco, paint, glass top.
Restaurant supply shops often sell used stuff.