Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Ideas for cheap bar height table and stools?

"3rd eye" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:57:33 -0500, wrote:

I'm looking for a CHEAP out of box way to make some
standing bar height table and stools

Table needs to be at least 36" tall and taller is
better.... say 40"

I could use fiber barrels I supposes. Spray paint them
white. see link

http://tinyurl.com/oeb65

Any other ideas tho?

You want it cheap?
Virtually anything can be found in the right dumpster.

Nothing against dumspter diving- I do it myself whenever I get the chance
(not often these days). But a better source may be garage/moving sales, and
the high season for those is almost upon us. If there is a college in or
near your town, find out when their term ends, and arrange to be there that
weekend. College kids are notorius for selling for pennies, or throwing out,
some amazing things. They usually didn't pay for it, so don't consider it
worth anything, or it simply isn't worth shipping home. Even now, 25 years
later, I still have a few items I obtained that way.

aem sends....