Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grounding TV antenna tower

Ahh..... remembering days of my youth,,,,,,

ok, go to http://www.arrl.org/

We all learned about towers, big arrays, et. al.
You need lightning protection and other things that will protect your
property....
They all do work, given the antenna farm I had for years,,,,,,,

--Paul
WA1VPY....

wrote:
What is the proper and best way of grounding a tv antenna at the top of
a 40' tower? I have a cottage on lake huron, and the tower is going to
be the highest metal point for quite a few hundred feet. I am
concerned about damage when lightning hits the tower or antenna. Also-
Should a grounding jumper be run around the rotator to ground the
antenna and mast? Thanks