Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default removing corrosion from battery compartment

On 11 Apr 2006 03:53:10 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

device is a toy metal detector, battery compartment is a shallow tray
that holds 6 AA batts, one row.

That must mean you'll have to take half the case off to get to the end
of the battery row.

If you can't get it to work with the brush and the other stuff people
say, you can replace the sheet metal at one end or the spring at the
other with a new piece of sheet meta and spring. you can take them
from something that is broken, or you can cut the sheetmetal from
anything. I think I once used a vegetable can, although there might
be better stuff. I left it on the porch of an exgirlfriend, who might
not have have even remembered who had it. Since it was 6 months since
I'd seen her, and I didn't want to see her again. But I said I'd fix
it so I did. But I didn't hear back, but it did work when I dropped
it off.