Tom Kendrick

Default cut pipes to weld a "T"

Does this joint need to be capable of passing liquid or air?
How much mechanical load should the joint support?
It would appear that the pipe approaching the side of the other pipe
requires a fishmouth cut. If no connection is required, the other pipe
can be left as is.
If liquid must flow, the other pipe will require a matching joint to
receive the fishmouthed end.

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message link.net...
I need a "T" made out of two six inch 1/8" wall thickness pipes.

I need a way to mark a chalk line on each pipe so I can cut it with a torch
and then fit the two together and weld.

I did a layout like this in drafting class thirty years ago. Made each piece
out of paper. Cut them out and wrapped around the pipe to mark the lines. I
don't remember much else about it.

Anyone know how this is done?

Karl