Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default hanging things on siding

"z" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got one of those plastic outdoor sinks; I imagine it will end up
being too heavy to just hang off the vinyl siding, so I assume I need
to drive some long screws into the underlying side of the house. I have
no idea what's under the siding. Is it worth a shot, or should I do
exploratory surgery first?

You will want to at least go into the sheathing, studs are even better. The
sink has 2 mounting points, they are 16" apart. Guess how far your studs
are, center to center. 16" So, try and locate the studs and use long enough
screws to hit the studs. All will be well.