Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Painting interior of an old caravan?

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a 1993 Lunar caravan and over the time, mainly from other owners
the caravan has some of the interior boards replaced as may have had a
damp issue.

Anyway - the interior boards they used, even though same pattern of
orginal, they are a differnet colour. Anyway - to sprouse up the caravan,
I was wondering - can you paint them and if so - any specific paint. Was
looking at going with a one coat type - but should I use vinyl paint?

I suggest you ask your paint supplier. It surely depends on what material
the replacement boards are.

We rebuilt our caravans using ply as the interior walls then painted them
with conventional wood primer, undercoat and top coat , one from Farrow and
Ball.

Yes, a little OTT but since the vans cost nothing ... and we're VERY pleased
with the result ...

Mary