Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default Lawn Mower Doesn't Turn Off

wrote in message
oups.com...
My husband and I just bought a new lawn mower and unfortunately it
doesn't turn off unless we disconnect the cable. Has anyone had this
problem before? Any suggestions?

If you move the throttle handle to the full choke position it should 'choke'
the engine to sleep but that's not best for the engine. If you have a
"Stop" position on the throttle i suspect that the ground wire has become
disconnected. Look for a place where the switch comes to a stop and touches
a metal post. Now, look for a wire attached to the post. It should end at
a connection to the engine block. One end or the other has become
disconnected. Reattach and it should work.