Posted to misc.consumers.house
Murray Peterson

Default Honey (orangey, if you ask me) oak cabinets with what color hardwood floors?

" wrote in
ups.com:

I thought about painting the cabinets but all that stripping and
sanding and priming and painting. Won't it take like centuries to do
all that? And I'm worried about it adhering so that it doesn't scratch
off. I like white painted cabinets so that would go with anything. I
think I've settled the issue though.

Refinishing cabinets is a major pain in the ***. To be honest, I would
personally look at getting new doors and side panels over the existing
cabinet boxes.

I'm now thinking a honey colored red-oak beveled edge floor throughout
everything except the kitchen. And then either ceramic tile in a
diamond pattern or the peel and stick linoleum tiles in a blue and
white diamond pattern.

My experience with peel and stick tiles is that they do more peeling than
sticking (at least after a year or two). However, they are a darn cheap
and fast solution -- cheap enough to be considered as a temporary solution
while you make up your mind.

--
Murray Peterson