Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Boilers at B and Q

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:12:54 -0800, JavaEnquirer wrote:

A lot of the plumbers I've spoken to also mention Baxi, I thought these
were well respected too, but presumably not as much as Worcester-Bosch
and Vaillant.

Sorry forgot to mention: they're part of Potterton now and AFAIK share
their current reputation for lack of reliability.

TBH it's a bad time to be replacing a boiler: prices of good condensing
boilers are still almost as high as when they were a premium choice, and
of course most of the condensing boilers on the market are fairly new
so it's quite possible that, say, Worcester-Bosch's new condensing
range may have problems much as Potterton's recent standard-efficiency
designs have.