Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Honey (orangey, if you ask me) oak cabinets with what color hardwood floors?

We want to put hardwood floors in our entire first floor. This
includes the kitchen where I am having a frustrating time deciding on
the exact wood and stain color. We have very dark wood floors in the
office (also on the first floor as you come into the front door) and I
love them but I'm not sure if they would look good throughout the
house. Our baseboards and trim work are a light wood color (I don't
like them, but whatever) and our doors are just your standard, cheap
hollow core wood grainy doors, also a light color. I don't want
matchy-matchy, but I also don't want a completely browned out look in
the kitchen. So, what do you think would go nicely with the
orangy/honey oak cabinets? What wood and stain? I am considering tile
in the kitchen and wood everywhere else but then there would be soooo
many flooring options in the house. I would want to keep the linoleum
in the walk-in pantry and the laundry room right off the kitchen. So
we would have, two different hardwoods, carpet up the stairs, tile and
linoleum. Please help with any advice!