Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blower Motor Failure

Thanks to all for your feedback. You all have been a great help. To
answer or clear up some of the questions for you all, this was a new
house we had bulit, so as far as the method used to determine duct
size, I really have no idea. I did not install nor did a Buddy install
the system. It was installed by one of the bigger HVAC contractors in
the Indiaianpolis area. I have had dealings with this company before
and they do not own up to the fact that there is a design porblem. All
of the registers are open and we never close any of them off. I will
have my electrical engineering buddy come over and test voltage and amp
issues. If any of you are HVAC tech's, what questions should I ask
before have have another company check out my problems? My gut tells
me that it is a duct sizing issue. All of the failures have been in
the winter, while in heat pump mode. The fan is always set to Auto. I
have never ran the fan continuously.