Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Starrin

Default Blower Motor Failure

On 26 Mar 2006 08:57:19 -0800, "
wrote:

I have replaced the blower motor on my Trane Heat Pump system 4 times
in as many years. This was a new home system and the first motor went
out about 6 months after install. The air coming from the registers is very loud; much louder
than anyone else's home I've been in. I don't know if this is
related or not. What could be going on here? Thanks for any help.

There should be a resident, or nearby Mr Trane that the dealer can
call out. He came with some strange and wonderful test equipment that
the dealer didnt have. My 16i has a 10 year parts/labor warranty. We
really used it.
I experienced similar loud, not properly running problem upon
installation. Took some time, but after replacing the circuit board
and the motor, they found out it was the connecting cable. This is
particularly important if you have a variable speed air
handler/system. The blower was actually running faster than called
for for the unit, in any mode of operation
You can go here and post your question:
http://www.hvacware.com/user-cgi/hvaconfig.pl
Go in with the model, etc for the outdoor unit, the air handler and
the thermostat, so they won't have to ask. I found them very helpful.
You may also want to go to Trane's site and see if you can download
the installation instructions for all of those pieces of equipment.
I found all sorts of goodies in my quest to help Trane fix it.