Posted to alt.home.repair
George

Default Running Electric, Phone and Television lines

wrote:
On 23 Mar 2006 16:46:28 -0800, "Zaphod" wrote:

I am putting the new electric, phone lines and television cable into a
new addition. I was wondering if the phone line or TV cable touches the
electric wires when they criss cross each other will the electric wire
cause any interferance in either the phone line or TV?

If this can cause interferance, what would be the minimum distance
between those lines to be sure one does not cause a problem with the
other.

Thanks, David

There is a lot of urbal legend about this but the short answer is you
won't have a problem with coax or twisted pair. If you have the old
style untwisted phone wire and you ran next to the power for a long
distance you might pick up some hum.
If you think about it, your phone runs next to power lines for miles
... but the wire on the pole is twisted

Sure, but they aren't bundled together or even come in contact with each
other.