Posted to misc.consumers.house
Keith Williams

Default Help choosing a quiet oven? Are there any?

In article ,
says...
On 20 Mar 2006 11:57:42 -0800, someone wrote:

It is the convection fan that is noisy. I have a convection oven, and
it's only noisy when the convection fan is on. If you use it in normal
oven mode (with the heat elements, no fan) it is quiet.

Yeah, except that didn't the guy claimed it wasn't just when the
convection was in use? BTW, we have a convection oven, but never use
that feature, and I have noticed maybe a couple of times a year when
the oven has been on a long time, that SOME fan SOMEWHERE, DID go on
when the convection was NOT in use, apparently for cooling purposes.

Our GE does this. I believe the fan is to cool the electronic
controls so they don't cook too. ;-)

And I think the fan (A fan) also blows sometime during the
self-cleaning cycle? But yeah, plain old mechanically controlled,
old-fashioned ovens, non-convection, didn't have fans at all, AFAIK.

Yep.

(The guy should stop buying high-end stuff?)

Apparently.

--
Keith