Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Wires Too Short in Outlet Box, How to Extend Length ?

"Tom" wrote in message

3. This is what I DO, I butt splice on longer free conductors, with
insulated butt terminals. I find them very clean, secure (if done
correctly), and take up minimal room in the box, verses a wirenut.
Plus the price is what most customers can afford.

I've got a crimp tool that's damned near perfect, but the ones I see
available now are all wrong - they have flat jaws, which don't really shape
crimps correctly. Have you found a source for a proper tool?