Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default How to make "divot" in 1/4" aluminum plate

In article . com,
says...

Maybe I can latch this hatch down in some other fashion. As it type
this i am thinking something involving a flathead fastener in a
countersink. Any alternative latching ideas would also be gratefully
accepted.

For the number of hatches you're talking about, I think welding in a
boss machined from bar stock would be easier than forming the dimple. I
like the flat head idea - how about a flat head socket cap screw as the
actuator? A hex key is more convenient to store than a socket wrench,
and cheap enough to keep a few spares around for when one inevitably
falls overboard.

Ned Simmons