Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Older Rockwell Planer

"Mike M" wrote in message
I bought mine new in the early 80's, Change the gear box oil, and
change/sharpen the blades and its never needed any other work.. Comes
with a tool that makes setting the blades real easy. Recently added
dust collection and the part was still available from Delta.

You _do_ know that a standard floor register fixture is a press fit?

I ask, because the real item pulls from the center, and wide boards with
sharp blades will jam a center pull with wide shavings. I use a duct which
pulls from the end, and it clears better.