Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk

Default Wiring my Marathon motor

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:45:36 -0500, "Proctologically
Violated©®" wrote:

snip
Btw, I found a sort of a cure for noisey/buzzing contactors:
I think excessive buzzing means the coil is too weak for the springs. In
one of my bigger #3 contactors (an old GE), you can disassemble the whole
thing (really elegantly made), and change the springs behind the contacts.
I just happened to have a long spring w/ a better force constant (same diam,
thinner wire), that I was able to cut up and replace the original springs
with.
Now, nice normal quiet hummmm.

You should read this old thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...fa241e0413 b3

It sounds like you may have/had a broken shading coil( a
little copper loop inset in one face).

Just a thought, you might have missed this thread back in
Dec 2005.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b