Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Older Rockwell Planer

"Chuck Taylor" wrote in message
On 8 Mar 2006 06:48:12 -0800, "arw01"
wrote:

I would think more like $200 to $300 is all I would pay for it. A
DW735 is wider, and leaves a nicer surface.

The Rockwell planer has a 13" capacity, same as the DW735. Cast iron
rather than aluminum, 240V induction motor, nice 24" long infeed and
outfeed tables (at least on mine).

Having no personal experience with the DeWalt, I can't comment on the
comparative smoothness of the surface it leaves.

Just consider how much more wood the cast iron type will process after the
lunchbox develops the shakes. Got to love the bed rollers on rough sawn
stuff, and then there's the serrated steel infeed roller, the adjustable
pressure and the steel outfeed.

Easily worth the price of a new lunchbox type.