Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes

Default Bathroom fan - how long to leave on?

I agree with the other posters in that 5-15 minutes should be fine and if
you can see evidence that the humidity has cleared, that would be your
indicator.

What made me post is that I have always believed that having the door closed
is better if it has a gap at the bottom (which mine has). This way the
airflow is such that it is sweeping the air throughout the room moreso, from
bottom to top. Having the door open means that a great percentage of air is
coming in at the top of the room, leaving the bottom of the room with less
air exchange. I close my door and run the fan for about 3-5 minutes (the
time it takes me to dress) and all is fine. I don't walk away from it
because I will forget....

Tomes (a notorious sievehead on turning things off)

"Steve" wrote in message
How long do you leave the fan on after you take a shower? And is it
better to open the bathroom door afterward and let the steam escape
into the rest of the house, or leavethe door closed and let the fan
remove it?

--

The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery,
a metaphor for a proof,

...Paul Valery