Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An electrical grease for a light bulb?

I fix office machines for a living.

vaseline when heated can turn to rock

Its a bad idea, clean the contacts of the socket or replace the socket
BEFORE it causes a fire!. sockets are generally cheap

die electric grease is ok but non conductive, the original poster is
probably using the vaseline as a minor conductor.

had a idiot customer grease 10 machines drive systems with vaseline,.
geez what a mess.

had to clean them all with gasoline

he was greasing VCRs with vasoline too

He hadnt got the bill for that one yet when I last saw him. on my next
visit he wasnt around, i asked they said he is no longer working here/

he probably got fired

WD40 is another no no its not a lubricant either and turns to crud ater
awhile