Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeff

Default Worktop depth

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
I have been installing a kitchen worktop. Its temporary so I wasnt too
fussed about the depth and just bought a length of cheap laminate but
WHY is the standard depth of laminate just 600mm? A dishwasher is fitted
under the worktop and is 600mm deep. Add on the space taken up by waste
pipes, water feeds etc and the dishwasher sticks out in front of the
worktop.

Now if the standard depth of worktop were 650mm they would be
accommodated just fine

Why?

This puzzled me as well, our old kitchen had the appliances sticking out but
the MIL's moben kitchen didn't - the run with the appliances in was 700mm
deep - so i've just done the same for our washer and dishwasher

Regards Jeff