shahmonger shahmonger is offline
Junior Member

Default Laminate Flooring, Architraves & Beading

Hello,

Am planning on laying a laminate floor this weekend and in the past I have just cut around the architraves however I've been told that to get the best finish, it's worth cutting the base of the architrave and then sliding the flooring underneath. My question is therefore, what is the best way to cut the architrave? Are there any special saws for this or do you just risk getting tons of splinters in your knuckles?!

Also, with regards to beading, I've been advised that the best way of nailing this to the skirting board is to use a nail gun as opposed to using a small hammer as this way you don't end up denting the beading? Any advice?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks!