Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lunny

Default Myson Heat Loss Program

Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of the Myson program? Can't find it anywhere on
t'internet.

Reason I need is that I have had a ch guy round and I think he's
oversizing everything to avoid comeback. For example about 10,000 BTU
for a 4mx2mx2.7m bedroom (2 external walls) Also suggested a 37.9kW
boiler for a 3 bed end terrace house (100 yr old). The reasoning is
that the boiler (not a combi) would not need to work as hard etc. I
understand that oversizing condensing boilers is not as much as an
issue as they are modulated but surely this is enough to heat the
neighbours house too.

I thought I'd try calculating some rooms last night. Found the formula,
and have taken into account wall sizes, windows, doors, U-values,
ventilation rate etc but it all seems on the low side the bedroom was
coming out at about 1.4Kw. As an experiment I put a 2kw electric heater
in there for 30 mins and it just managed to heat the room up.

Also labour for all fitting is £800 - resited and new boiler,
converting to a sealed S-Plan and 7 rads (one resited). Does this sound
reasonable?

Cheers!