mark harrison mark harrison is offline
Junior Member

Thankyou for the replies Gents. I understand what you say Dave, but to be told that your wiring circuit is unsafe as it was put to us was a cause of concern. Thats why the wife and I went into panic mode and made the presumption that it was something that we could not do ourselves.
The wiring is PVC coated 2 core, so running an external earth wire could do the trick as Christian inferred ?
Getting to the upstairs lighting would be fine from the loft space, ground floor ceiling lighs would be accessed by lifting floor boards in the bedrooms , but what would we do about wall lights (would they need chasing out ??)
Thats something that we can do ourselves and would undertake.

Thanks for the replies

Regards

Mark