Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default Murphy Bed - Sliding Wall

Tue, Feb 14, 2006, 10:21pm (EST+5) (Rob*V) doth ask:
snip Like I said - Im open to suggestions on some ideas on how to
implement it

I wouldn't care to have anything that heavy hanging. Besides, it's
be hard to hide the mechanism I'd think. I'd say it rolls on wheels.
I'd say use skateboard wheels. Of course, after time, you're gonna get
wheel marks on the floor, but that's easily taken care of - use a little
throw rug to hide 'em. Or, you could have the center split, so it opens
like a double door. That'd take eaither some pretty hefty hinges, or
use wheels again. Or, liskke Usacle says, usethe regular Murphy bed
furniture - could it still be called a Murphy bed if you didn't?

JOAT
I'm busy now, can I ignore you some other time?