Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Sinclair

Default Anti gravity valves

In message , "Roger Mills (aka Set
Square)" writes
I don't understand your reference to the combi. If it *is* a combi, no heat
should go to any radiators when it's supplying hot water to the taps.

It has a thermal store of hot water (heating circuit water that is) to
speed up the flow of hot water when there is a DHW demand. What I
suspect is happening is that this heat is being convected out to the
radiators through the return circuit (most noticeable in the summer when
the bathroom towel rail is nice and hot without the aid of the central
heating.

Thanks for the description of the anti gravity valve, I know exactly
what you are talking about now.

Andy
--
Andrew Sinclair http://www.smellycat.org