Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Tap Drill/Metric-SAE conversion Chart?

Traverse Tool, Queens, NY 1800 221 0270. travers.com
Used to give'em away at their counter, in cardboard mailing tubes. We had
dozens, at one point. Not bad. Drill/tapping as well, incl. npt. Very
good marketing/repeat sales tool.

Their catalog has an 8.5x11 version, in color, which might enlarge well.

Not a bad catalog, very user friendly. Not as voluminous as MSC/McM, but
much better laid out, full color.
They even brag about the paper they use, a special "brite white" that reads
better under dim lighting.... Nuthin like bein proud, eh??
Oh, and their 2006 catalog has an *extensive* conversion chart for every
goddamm quantity you can possibly think of, mebbe even incl light-years to
miles...
AND a glossary!!

They ****ed me off, tho, when, in their already ostentatious building (off
the Whitestone Expressway), they put up a 1.25" plexiglass divider on the
counter, like a goddamm bank.
But, they kept the counter gerlz wearing halter tops.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Steve" wrote in message
om...
When ever I'm hanging out in my Ole Machinist friends shop, I always
notice several of these very large charts hanging on the walls. Large
enough you could read them from 10 ft away.

In fact over the years (pre-Machinist Wanna-be day) I think I have had
such charts and just moved on without saving them.

I have small 8.5X11 versions of these charts that I have downloaded or
found in the trade books, but they don't enlarge very well and should be
on heavy stock poster material.

When I ask my Ole Machinist friend about them (hoping he will pull one out
and offer it as a gift), he recalls getting them from vendors at the Trade
Shows, year ago.

Where can I get a good, comprehensive, chart on heavy stock (without going
to a trade shows, sorry)??

Does anyone remember seeing them on eBay??

Thanks,

Steve