Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default What Adhesive To Hold Chair Leg Dowels Back Into Place ?

Two part epoxy. It will take longer to set, so you might have to put some
kind of clamps or something to make it stay while it's setting up. Put some
paste wax on the areas you don't want the epoxy to stick to. It makes for
easy cleanup after it hardens.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Have a pretty old wooden chair where the dowel like supports (that go
between the legs) that help hold the legs together have come out of their
holes in the legs.

Very confused over what adhesive I should use when I push them back into

the
holes.

Would you suggest an epoxy ?

Or, a "Hide Glue", or one of the Elmer's products, or... ?
Why ?

Thanks,
Bob