Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to stop squeaky furniture

You may be right. I wonder if there is a way to incorporate some other
way to tie the footrail and headrail to the side rails? If I remember
correctly, I think that hardware is not hgolding all that much weight
and even if it did, everything wouldn't fall down in a heap because
there are boxes built underneath with drawers in them. If the bed
collapsed, it would fall all of maybe an inch, if that.

I know you said you wouldn't trust dowel rods but what about a BUNCH of
dowel rods? Or could there be another solution?

I guess I should just buy another set of those brackets but if that is
truely the problem, I don't know f I want to use them again.