DejaVU

Default Boring head setup?

larry g scribed in
:

A few days ago I asked about boring with a lathe or mill. After
weighing ideas and my limited experience I am boring with the
mill. Now the question, what is the correct way to set the
boring bar in the boring head? My boring head is the 1 1/2

short, and thick
use the shortest one, and the thickest one, that will fit the job
if you are boring from a small hole out to large, change bars as
appropriate so you're using the thickest one you can.

stiffness is everything

swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /