Posted to alt.home.repair
chattycat

Default Mold/Mildew in closet

"balboni" wrote in message
oups.com...
We just noticed that the back right corner (on an outside wall) of my
daughter's closet has mold or mildew on it. I think there may be one
or two causes for it. We keep her dirty laundry in the closet and
sometimes some of it is wet. We also keep a humidifier on in her room
at night and I think it's probably too humid when we go in in the
morning. How do I get rid of it? Is there a difference between mold
and mildew? Is one more dangerous than the other and do they need to
be treated differently? There are also lots of clothes hanging in the
closet. I'm assuming we need to wash everything but does it also need
to be treated somehow?

Thanks

You might want to look into possible causes by the outside wall. Are there
drainage issues? Is there a planter on the outside wall? Is there wet dirt
up against the outer wall of the house? Are there sprinklers that hit that
wall of the house? In my opinion there are other causes other than wet
clothes if that's the only area with mold. In answering your question about
whether or not mold is dangerous... it can be. People react differently.
In my experience, my kids are very, very sensitive to it. It would be on the
safe side and get rid of it and address the cause of it at the same time.

Good luck!