Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful

Default upvc windows in conservation area.

"legin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all, looking to put new windows in a new build that is in a recently
designated conser vation area. Local conservation officer has stated
that he is looking for timber windows. Given the sash style upvc ones
that are available can he insist on this as I am looking for low
maintenance. I doubt if anyone would be able to tell the difference
unless they got close up. Annoying factor is that only one of the
neighbouring six houses has the original timber windows. 4 are upvc and
one is aluminium.

Any views greately appreciated.

do what he says or do it twice, and second-hand new windows are worth very
little!

mrcheerful