Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

Default How hard to replace bathtub?

Just out of curiousity how *does* one R&R a tub? Assume wedged in by 3
walls. Does the weight of a cast iron tub alone keep it in place? But the
big question is how the drain is connected/disconnected. I'm not planning
to do one but reading this makes me wonder.

This house has two bathrooms back to back with the baths back to back so
the drain/overflow area is not accessible from behind. I don't even know
how this got installed since I presume some sort of rear or under access is
needed. Or is it? Maybe it was all done from the side before the wall was
closed up. The wall between bathrooms is double thick or greater. Slab
floor.