Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Spitzer

Default Asphalt tile removal

"Bill Gill" wrote in message
news:AHOxf.8207$Dh.1934@dukeread04...
I am taking up the carpet in my house and going back to the original
hardwood. The original hardwood is in pretty good shape. But! When I took
the carpet out of the coat closet I found that at one time or another
somebody put down some ugly green asphalt tile in it. I tried lifting a
piece and it looks like I can get the tile up fairly easy. But then there
will be that black mastic left on the floor. Is there any good way to get
that stuff up so I can do something with the floor?

Thanks for any help.

Bill Gill

warm it slightly and more will come up. there are chemicals which will turn
it into a goo that can be scraped off, but anyway you do this, it'll be a
lot of work.