Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Chimney cleaning for oil furnace?

On 11 Jan 2006 10:00:42 -0800, "KD" wrote:

Greetings all:

I have a co-worker who is a new homeowner, and she was just asking me
about how frequently I get my chimney cleaned.

We have a fireplace that we use a lot in the winter, and we have it
cleaned every year. But she doesn't have any woodburning appliances in
her home, just the oil furnace, and this is what she was talking about.

We get our furnace cleaned annually, it's leased and the
cleaning/maintenance is included in our lease price. I didn't have any
idea we needed to get the chimney cleaned for the oil furnace! Am I
nuts, or is she?

It should be inspected annually, but it would be suprising if it
needed to be cleaned, pretty much ever.