Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta TP305 Planer Roller Adjustment?

On my benchtop planer the feed rollers are above the work as part of
the cutterhead.

The bottom rollers are not powered.

I took a piece of 8' melamine shelving and stiffened it up with some
aluminum angle. This was mounted to be the new bed of the planer. This
gives 3' of infeed table and the same outfeed. Most of the material I
plane is 4' or smaller.

I have had no snipe problems since having this support.

In my experiance the snipe is caused when the unsupported end of the
board drops and lifts the other end into the cutter head.