Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron

Default Poulan Chainsaw Won't Oil Bar And Chain

Colbyt wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Poulan 1950 LE Woodshark that is not oiling the bar and chain.

I drained out the oil, checked the screen, (which was clean) took off
the side cover that holds the bar and shot WD-40 thru the hose's that
run back to the reservoir to make sure they weren't blocked. (WD-40
flowed freely)

I also cleaned the oil holes and the grove in the bar.

Then I reassembled the saw, filled it with oil, ran it, with no signs
of oil flowing onto the bar/chain.

Then I ran it with the side cover off and w/o the bar, no oil flowing
from the port/tube.

The saw is only a yr old and I've only made about 100 cuts with it,
what could be the problem?

It's obvious to me that the oil isn't being pumped, is this a common
problem with Poulan or did I just get a lemon?

And, is this an easy fix?

It is an easy fix. Just buy a new oil pump and install it.

You can order from your parts diagram or at any parts place.

Why did it fail? I can't say but a new pump solved my problem after I had
done all the things you have done.

Colbyt

Sorry if this post twice, friggen Google.

I found an oil pump locally, what part of the saw do I need to take
apart to replace the oil pump?

Thanks, Ron