Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap router tables

Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:33:07 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:
Cue Andy Hall to suggest a gold plated £500+ jobby :-)

Au contraire.

You should always match tool qualities - so there would be little
point in a £500 router and £40 table.

Well, I think I've got a decent match here then - £40 table and a
twenty
quid Homebase router (well, thirty, then in the sale a few years ago
....)

For a router table, a permanently fitted router makes the most sense,
so something with easy tool change and fine height adjustment are the
most important criteria, followed by speed adjustment range (low end
with torque to cover the larger cutters safely).

Therefore, as always, a sensibly specified router in the £150-200
range such as a Freud would be the appropriate choice.

That makes sense, but will have to wait until I grow out of my current
setup ... ie when I'm limited by it rather than my own skills ...

John