Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Cheap router tables

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:33:07 GMT, "david lang"

Has anyone used the Clarke CRT1, as per
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=060611001

Looks like a clone of the Wolfcraft one I have, which I'm very happy with -
it does the job well enough, no bad habits.

If you are after el cheapo then Makro had some Nu Tool kits for around £40
including the router, don't know if they still have them. B&Q Warehouse had
some cheap combination packages as well.

Worth getting a router to leave permanently in the table, it becomes a real
pain getting it in and out.

Cue Andy Hall to suggest a gold plated £500+ jobby :-)

Dave

Au contraire.

You should always match tool qualities - so there would be little
point in a £500 router and £40 table.

Actually, even the Festool is under £400.

For a router table, a permanently fitted router makes the most sense,
so something with easy tool change and fine height adjustment are the
most important criteria, followed by speed adjustment range (low end
with torque to cover the larger cutters safely).

Therefore, as always, a sensibly specified router in the £150-200
range such as a Freud would be the appropriate choice.

--

..andy