Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard A Downing

Default Cheap router tables

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 10:33:07 GMT
"david lang" wrote:

wrote:
Has anyone used the Clarke CRT1, as per
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=060611001

Looks like a clone of the Wolfcraft one I have, which I'm very happy
with - it does the job well enough, no bad habits.

If you are after el cheapo then Makro had some Nu Tool kits for
around £40 including the router, don't know if they still have them.
B&Q Warehouse had some cheap combination packages as well.

Worth getting a router to leave permanently in the table, it becomes
a real pain getting it in and out.

Cue Andy Hall to suggest a gold plated £500+ jobby :-)

I find that a router with fewer bells and whistles is right for a
table. I use a Freud 2000E, as it is 1900Watts, has electronic speed
control, the collet winds down to the bottom of the faceplate obviating
the temptation to put the cutter in short, and it has a fine height
adjuster as standard.

As to tables, I made my own, but I used a bit of old worktop with
a hole in it for ages.

R.