Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin

Default Kitchen faucet losing pressure

We have kitchen faucet that is the farthest one from the water entry point
in the house. It always has seemed to have a little lower pressure than
several others we have in the house, but recently the flow in this one has
dropped drastically. I was wondering if this might be due to something
wrong with mixing device in the faucet and whether it needs to be replaced.

The faucet is a Kohler single hole mounting, single lever type with a pull
out spray head. The mixing cartridge is a plastic assembly with 2 O-rings
on the bottom. I can see 2 little springs inside, but the assembly doesn't
look like it was meant to be taken apart so I couldn't check for
obstructions inside.

Is it likely that just replacing the cartridge will fix it? I've seen them
at Home Depot and Lowes. Or should I be looking somewhere else for the
cause.

Suggestions would be appreciated.