Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Bob

Default Replacing the switch on my Delta jointer

A 20 amp switch is a safer way to go.

"Toller" wrote in message
The switch on my Delta 6" jointer fused closed. I pulled it out to see if

could free it up, and it just fell apart in pieces.
Perhaps part of the the problem is that it is a 12a switch and the (3/4hp)
motor is 13a.

Anyhow, a replacement is $21, and probably just as substandard as the old
one.
What would happen if I replaced it with a 20a toggle switch. Would it

hold
up, or would the starting current fry it? Any cheaper and more readily
available (and more durable) alternatives to the Delta switch?

The only motor switch I have laying around is for 1/2hp motors; oh well.