Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default New Water Heater Breaker Box

"herlihyboy" wrote in message
It's a 50 gallon heater. An
electrician said they typically put in a 30 amp breaker for this size
water heater.

What is the rating on the water heater? That is what determines the size
fuse needed.

I'll have public utility turn off the service before I do
the work. I'm also getting estimates on having an electrician do the
work. If it's reasonable [so far, between $100 and $150], I'll
probably have them do it. Not because I'm not able, but because I'm
not as familiar with codes on this sort of work.

If the utility turns the power off, they may want to see the inspection
report before it is put back on again. You'll need a permit and inspection.

As for the electrician, it will be $100 to pull up in front of the house.