Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

Default How to fix a cracked corner of an MDF shelf?

miamicuse wrote:
The corner of a shelf is cracked after accidentally dropping on a tile
floor. Now it looks like this:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...okencorner.JPG

how can I fix this? Should I cut off the broken end and use wood filler and
sand to original shape or is there a better way?

MC

G'day MC,
I can't figure out your pic. I can see the damage, but the shelf
construction has me buggered. Is this MDF sheeting sandwiching a frame?
If the groove, channel is not important, just cut the corner of and glue
another piece of mdf in it's place, Shape and sand and finish and it
will be almost invisible.
Regards
John