Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Whirlpool washer fills, but won't agitate, spin, or drain

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:09:28 GMT, JJ wrote:

"jehma" wrote in news:1135732886.677003.162710
:

My Whirlpool direct drive washer fills with water, but doesn't advance
through the cycles. If I turn the dial to different section of the
cycle, I still can't get it to agitate, spin, or drain. It doesn't make
any noise at all in any of those cycles, but will continue to fill if I
up the desired water level and move the dial to a spot where it would
fill.

Where should I look to troubleshoot this? Is it worth testing the lid
switch? I would think that that doesn't affect agitating, but I'm not
sure.

Any help would be appreciated!

How old is the machine? It sounds like the transmission is shot. If it is,
it's time for a new washer.

He said it was direct drive. I don't have that. Does it still have a
transmission?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.