Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Whirlpool washer fills, but won't agitate, spin, or drain

On 27 Dec 2005 17:21:26 -0800, "jehma" wrote:

My Whirlpool direct drive washer fills with water, but doesn't advance
through the cycles. If I turn the dial to different section of the
cycle, I still can't get it to agitate, spin, or drain. It doesn't make
any noise at all in any of those cycles, but will continue to fill if I
up the desired water level and move the dial to a spot where it would
fill.

IF the lid switch is bad, bypass it. If it still doesn't work, or if
the switch was good to begin with:

The three things it won't do all require the motor. Filling doesn't.

I'd check to see the connector is on the motor. check if the motor
is physically hot at all. Maybe something is jammed and won't rotate.
Check if there is 110v at the connnector when the timer is in one of
the three phases it won't do.

You don't have to be under the washer for all these tests, if you
don't want to be.. Get some wires with alligator clips, witth rubber
covers, on each end, and clip several in a row if you need to, adn
the meter to them. Or connect lamp cord to the loose alligator clips.

Lay any exposed metal parts on newspaper, or tape them temorarily,
before turning the power on.

Where should I look to troubleshoot this? Is it worth testing the lid
switch? I would think that that doesn't affect agitating, but I'm not
sure.

Any help would be appreciated!

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.