Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

Default Bosch Tumble Drier keeps tripping heater cut out

"RzB" wrote in message
Peter,

Many, many thanks for that!

I have the thing apart - see...

http://www.gillandroy.com/diy/tdrier

Click on small or big depending on your
download speed...

A = the £12.95 Heater thermostat
B = the £9.95 Manual reset cut out

The Exhaust thermostat is at the top of the
URL you sent.

There is a drop down selection of cut outs
on your URL. Any idea which I need given
that the number on the cut out I have is
7M94605600C. There doesn't seem to
be anything in the list like that..

I imagine the sensors all have defined temperatures
at wich they switch. Do you know if that information
is spelled out somewhere?

Would you advise I just replace them all while
I have it apart? Or is there some way I can
test these devices on the bench?

Many thanks for your help.

Roy

The drop down list is just the models that part fits, it is the correct part
for your model. The outlet stat would not cause the TOC to trip if faulty,
it just knocks the heater off at about 60oC when the clothes are dry (to
save energy), the heater stat controls the inlet temperature. Only other
thing I notice is the red ends on the heater element, this can cause the TOC
to trip if the appliance is in a confined space because they where rated for
the wrong voltage and get too hot, replacements have blue ends so you can
tell the difference.

Peter